Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Artichoke Penne Pasta


Today was a home day.  
Daddy was home during the day, but is working until 3 in the morning so we thought it would be good to stay home and relax.

Every once in a while I am treated by Jeremy to my morning cup of coffee and a few moments to myself to catch up on emails-without the boys asking me to make breakfast, to turn on their morning cartoons or empty the dishwasher from the night before.  I am so grateful for this time as today was one of those days!


There is something so casual and soothing to document the little moments of our days.  The moment doesn't have to be anything special, just something you want to remember.  Lately I am asking myself Where did the time go??  Life is passing by so quickly and the days I share with my boys will soon be distant memories, the sounds of their toddler laughter will be hard to perfect in my mind, and the everyday routines will soon be overlooked.  Today I documented us just being us ... nothing special, just my boys being boys.

Cole playing with his birthday balloons

He went into the kitchen and grabbed EVERY bag clip and attached them to the strings of his balloons to see how low his balloons would fall

Braydon watching the trash truck from the window sill

Cole joining in to watch the truck drive away

Braydon playing in the garage

Jeremy and I in the front yard with the boys running around below us ... in opposite directions of course

Braydon eating Cole's Happy Meal from lunch, hoping he wouldn't notice how many french fries were missing

Cole kicking the ball around while Braydon stomps around in the gutter water

Playing soccer with Daddy ... which turned into Daddy running up and down the street after the ball that was kicked or thrown in the opposite direction from where he was standing

I love watching the boys play with Jeremy, it is an interaction that I couldn't possibly replicate- I am so grateful he is a hands on Daddy to the boys

Braydon taking a walk ... he will go on forever until you yell STOP! and even then we are lucky if he turns his head to acknowledge us ... from there it is a toss up if he turns to come back or keeps going

Cole just being cute

Me trying to take a nice picture with my boys and finding all along that Braydon was trying to steal Cole's lollipop ... not at all unusual

Relaxing with his lollipop

Look, its red!!

Braydon, happy as can be with his OWN lollipop ... this picture doesn't do him justice- by the time he is done there is half the lollipop on his chin

I was talking with Cole while he was sitting like this ... it reminded me of what his soccer team pictures might look like one day


Bouncing up and down the street


Giving skates a try

Cole always loves the idea of skating and within a few feet he decides its not for him, it isn't surprising since he likes to be in control 

Braydon following Cole, upset that HE isn't skating

Now, Braydon's turn to give it a try


This video is proof that Braydon isn't quite ready for skates either.  He didn't want me to hold him, but he didn't understand that if I didn't hold him he would fall ... he gives up and just crawls to Daddy ... better luck next time!?

With Daddy having to work tonight, we had an early dinner and the kids went to bed ... for me, I am undecided as to how I will spend my evening- perhaps with a book, maybe some TV and HOPEFULLY an early bedtime!!

****

For those that are interested ... I tried something new for dinner that turned out better than I anticipated- always a good thing right?!

In a saute pan I heated 3 tbsp olive oil with 3 tbsp minced garlic.


I let it cook, but kept the heat low enough so it wouldn't brown.


I then added a handful of chopped peppers, and about 1/2 c chopped onion to the garlic and stirred it together.


Then I added 2 c chopped artichoke hearts, some lemon pepper, oregano and black pepper ... about 1/2 tsp of each.  I mixed it well and let it simmer for about 10 minutes to blend all the flavors.  While this was cooking, I boiled a package of penne noodles.  Once the noodles were cooked and drained, I added a can of tomato sauce and 1/2 c milk to the saute pan with the vegetables.  Again, I mixed it together, then added the noodles and let it cook again for another 5 minutes.


I served it and then topped it with some oregano.  It turned out to be a light and flavorful pasta dish, something I will definitely make again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment