Saturday, January 29, 2011

C is for Cole and Chocolate Chip Cookies


 C is for Cole and Chocolate Chip Cookies

What a fun day at home the boys and I had- we had a visit from Grammie and Papa at the house and then spent the afternoon PLAYING!


We played trains ... 


We thought it would be fun to trace our bodies on butcher paper and then color them ...





and then we got the munchies, so chocolate chip cookies called our name!


Cole found the recipe in his cookbook and informed me that C is not only for his name, but for cookies too!  What a fabulous moment for him to share his C with his beloved treat!!  While I prepped the ingredients and preheated the oven, the boys played some more.



Time to begin baking!  Our oven was set to 375 degrees and we started by adding our ingredients in a bowl ... 3/4 c sugar, 3/4 c packed brown sugar, 1 c softened butter and 1 egg.  Cole is my awesome helper- he loves to unwrap the butter ...


I usually soften the butter in the microwave, rather than leave it out ... as you can tell, Cole helped me with melting the butter too.


Now it was Braydon's turn to help me mix the ingredients together ...


Cole was smelling the bowl ... I wish I could capture his expression as his eyes roll back and he says, Oh Mommy, it smells so yummy!!


Both the boys helped me add our remaining ingredients ... 2 1/4 c flour and 1 tsp baking soda.


Now the best part!  The chocolate chips are added- every time I make these cookies the amount I add changes, but it is about 2 cups ...


We had to take turns mixing the chocolate chips into the batter, as it is a favorite activity for both Cole and Braydon ...


In the end, we ALL were holding the mixer ... whatever keeps the smiles coming right?!


Our batter is now ready to be placed onto the cookie sheets ...


I placed them on the sheet in tsp size dollops.


While I placed the cookies in the oven, the boys went back to playing ...




Braydon decided our cookies were ready and put the oven mitts on ... don't worry, I don't let him get near the oven, he just likes to feel the part!


Mmm, 11 minutes later they are done!



I love this shot of Cole, he is totally eyeing a specific cookie!


By this time, we had our dinner and THEN our cookies for dessert, played a bit more ....



... and then got ready for bed as these guys were tuckered out from the day!  What a fun day we had -I am blessed with such wonderful, loving, and playful toddlers!


This guy is off to bed, good night!


























1 comment:

  1. So cute of everyone! Gramma wanted cookies for a whle now and I broke down and baked her some for her birthday. I didn't make MY Gramma's recipe, so I'm thinking she's a little disappointed as they're still sitting in the freezer. They are good though. Nothing beats a chocolate chip cookie. Wish I could have a bite of yours!!! :-)

    Auntie Jenn

    ReplyDelete