Wednesday, May 16, 2012

No-Bake Energy Bites



No-Bake Energy Bites

I have seen different versions of this recipe circulating for a bit now and I thought it was about time to give them a try- 2 immediate draws ... they are super healthy and super easy to make!

I am sending half with my hubby to work so he has a nutritious snack and the other half are for home for my boys and I to enjoy when we get the munchies.

It truly doesn't get any easier- In one bowl combine all these ingredients...

1 1/4 c old fashioned oats
1 1/4 c coconut flakes
1/2 c chocolate chips
2/3 c peanut butter
1/2 c ground flaxseed
1/2 c honey
2 tsp vanilla



Other yummy add ins would also be dried fruits, berries, nuts or sweet chips (butterscotch, dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, etc)

Mix until all ingredients are combined and let chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.  Once chilled, roll into small donut hole sized balls.  Be sure to store in an airtight container as they will keep for about a week ... but lets be honest- they won't last that long!

2 comments:

  1. I've missed your posts. I was actually looking up recipes for these last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! My recipe blogging goes in waves ... always finding myself making the same things or at least recipes already blogged :0 Hope you are doing well, your fam of FIVE is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete