Monday, May 14, 2012

Baked Zucchini Chips with Grilled Cheese and Dressing

Baked Zucchini Chips with Grilled Cheese and Dressing

This is one of those meals that is SUPER easy and so so yummy.  It was a stay at home, low key evening so I just planned on grilled cheese.  To try and give a bit more flavor I used provolone cheese with a bit of Italian dressing in between sourdough bread, coated with vegetable oil, not butter- so good!

Rather than adding a few chips, I got started on this part a bit sooner and I baked zucchini.  Oh my goodness, so good!  I thinly sliced 4 zucchini and coated the pan and the zucchini in oil and placed them on a baking sheet.  I topped with Trader Joe's 21 seasoning salute ... garlic and pepper would also be great if you have those and baked at 225 degrees for 45 minutes and flipped them for another 30 minutes.  

Nothing beats a healthy vegetable substitution to a chip with your sandwich right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment