Sunday, May 13, 2012

Cilantro and Lime Quinoa

Cilantro and Lime Quinoa

I am on a mission to find fresh and healthy options for our summer meals ... my boys and hubby LOVE fish, so I thought to try a light and citrus based quinoa instead of rice.  Oh. My. Goodness.  So good.

In a saucepan, boil and cook your quinoa- I added 2 c quinoa with 4 c chicken stock.  Stir and let cook until stock is fully absorbed.

Once quinoa is cooked, place in a large bowl.  Stir in 1 1/2 tbsp fresh minced garlic and 1/2 tsp fresh pepper.  I sliced and juiced 4 limes and added the lime juice as well, stirring to be sure it was well incorporated.  Sprinkle 1 tsp of sugar over the top and stir in.  Finish by mixing in 1 c of chopped cilantro. 

This paired really well with the Mahi Mahi and I can't wait to make it again as a new 'go to' side for our summer BBQs!

1 comment:

  1. yum! we love quinoa over here too! ive been buying it instaead of rice lately, the extra protein is great for the kiddies too! I'm gonna have to try this! thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete