Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Asian Chicken Stir Fry

Asian Chicken Stir Fry

For those of you that are new to reading my blog, I began blogging to collect all our family recipes in one place and in the end publish the blog for my two boys to have a bound collection of what they grew up eating, meals we would enjoy on holidays, favorites, etc.  

This meal is one of Jeremy's favorites that uses carbs (brown rice), proteins (chicken breast) and vegetables (peppers, onion and edamame)

I use my wok for this, if you don't have one, a deep fry pan will also work- what I love about this recipe is that you continue to add piece by piece to one pan/wok so the clean up is minimal.

Begin by pouring enough oil in your wok to coat the bottom.  Once hot, add 1 chopped onion, 2 tbsp minced garlic and 1/3 c chopped peppers- I used yellow,  red and green.  I cover my wok a bit with a splatter screen to minimize the oil that pops- careful to not burn yourself!!

After letting cook for several minutes, I add 2 sliced chicken breasts to saute in the wok.  One of my favorite seasonings to use with Asian dishes is Togarashi- it has a kick to it so use according to your preference.  I season my chicken with this, a tsp of ginger and some sesame seeds.  

Once my chicken has fully cooked through, I add about 8 ounces of edamame with 1/4 c combination of lemon juice and soy sauce.  Continue to cook and stir frequently, but allow it to cook long enough for the juices to marinate into your chicken.  With about 2 minutes before serving, add cooked brown rice to the wok and allow to mix into your vegetables and chicken.  Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment