Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Spicy Burritos

Spicy Burritos

Lets be honest ... at the end of our day us Mommies are TIRED!  I was so excited to play around with this new find at the ever so faithful ... Trader Joe's- Chile and Onion Flour Tortillas.  


I didn't have much time on my hands, but I wanted something flavorful and filled with protein.  I used these ingredients- green chilies, enchilada sauce, chicken chili and black beans.


I filled my saucepan over medium heat with my chicken chili, green chilies and black beans.


After mixing these together, I added some vegetarian refried beans, seasoned it with some 21 seasoning salute and half this container of sour cream. I love that Trader Joe's has begun venturing out to the 'fat free' side of foods!!  AND yes, I DOES have great flavor- not all fat free is bad!!


Now that your mixture is prepared, set it aside and spray your pan to bake your burritos and begin filling!


I filled each of my tortillas with a mexican blend of cheese and about 1/2 c of my filling.  Roll your filled tortilla up and place in your pan.  After your pan is filled with your prepared burritos, top with enchilada sauce.  I prefer my burritos crispy so I baked them for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.  

These burritos were so yummy with the added flavor in the tortillas and green chilies in the filling.  You can't go wrong when flavorful food is easy and quick to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment