Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Pound Cake



Pound Cake

After sharing my trifle recipe last week I thought it might be helpful to also share the pound cake recipe that I used for the trifle.  This pound cake is also awesome with whipped cream and strawberries too!!

When I made the pound cake, I doubled my recipe so I would have two loaves.  If you are looking to make a single loaf follow the recipe below.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a loaf pan.  Mix together 2 1/4 c of flour, 1/4 tsp salt and 2 tsp baking powder and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine 1 c of butter that is at room temperature and 1 1/2 c sugar.  I use a hand held mixer when mixing these ingredients and I typically place the bowl in the sink to mix because the butter and sugar are pretty messy as they mix together!  Beat on a medium to high speed until it becomes light and fluffy.  One at a time, add an egg to the mixture until 5 eggs have been added.  Now add 2 tsp of vanilla to your mixture.  

Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in one half of your dry ingredients until it is fully incorporated.  Add the remaining dry ingredients, folding in until the batter is smooth.  Do not fold the batter too much as it will become tough.

Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake the cake for 60-70 minutes.  Let the cake cool for about 5 minutes and then remove from its pan to completely cool on a rack.


Slice the cake to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment