Thursday, October 4, 2012

Kid Approved Mac and Cheese

Kid Approved Mac and Cheese

My boys love the Kraft Mac and Cheese, but I don't like that is a processed food, SO I tried a few recipes, altered measurements and I think I have figured out a homemade rendition!

Boil noodles and drain them- add 5-6 tbsp butter to the noodles with a can of chedder cheese soup.  Mix together until it has melted.  Then add 3/4 of a can of evaporated milk and 2 c of shredded cheddar cheese.  Add or take away more or less cheese upon your preference.  Continue to stir on low heat until everything is creamy and cheesy.  

To try to cut down on the fat intake since there is a lot of potential here, use Smart Balance instead of your butter, the Campbell's Healthy Request version of the Cheddar Cheese Soup and Fat Free evaporated milk.  The taste truly is just as good and you can feel good about giving your kids a better option to boxed mac and cheese!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment