Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pineapple Soyaki Meatballs


Pineapple Soyaki Meatballs

With my to-do list being big today, I thought to start dinner early ... that's right a crock pot meal!  Cole has been asking me for about a week now to help me cut open the pineapple that has been sitting on top of the refrigerator.  I decided to take him up on his offer and use the pineapple in our dinner and I grabbed a few other ingredients- turkey meatballs, soyaki sauce, the pineapple and the pineapple corer.


The pineapple was our first task ...


I cut the top off of the pineapple ...


and then I used the corer to remove the pineapple while taking the core out as well.  I got this started ...


and then Cole took his turn at it- the coring is actually a bit tricky as you are pressing down into the pineapple while you are also turning the tool to cut the pineapple at the same time.


Success!  We did it!



I sliced the pineapple into smaller pieces and Cole and I ate a few too!  We then placed our frozen turkey meatballs (which is perfect for little prep and a quick meal- another TJ find) into the crock pot with our sliced pineapple.  


I poured a can of pineapple juice on top ...


and then the bottle of soyaki sauce as well.  I stirred it up and let it cook on low in the crock pot.


When Jeremy gets home we will enjoy our pineapple and meatballs over rice ... until then I will be folding the 7 loads of laundry from the day and reading more books with the boys-  as Braydon just climbed into my lap and gave me a hug and Cole brought me a new book to read saying, Mommy I miss you, can you cuddle with me and read me another book? I'm not sure if it is cute that he misses me after only 30 minutes of being away, but either way I suppose that is my cue to sign off for now and LOVE on my boys.  





No comments:

Post a Comment