Friday, August 10, 2012

Homemade Toaster Pastries



Homemade Toaster Pastries

I made sugar cookies with the boys this morning and before I got started I doubled my ingredients to make these pastries after- the recipe below is a single batch.

In a bowl add 3 1/2 c flour, 2 tbsp baking powder, 2 eggs, 1 c butter, 1 tbsp vanilla and one can of 14 oz sweetened condensed milk.  Beat until the dough forms and chill in between baking batches.

I used a mold, but if you don't have one, cut out rectangle shapes in your dough after it has been rolled out.  On one rectangle place a tbsp of jelly and then top with another dough rectangle.  Press the edges closed to seal.  Repeat until all your dough is used and bake for 18 min at 350 degrees.  I topped with sanding sugars before baking as well.  

Other fillings that would be great are peanut butter, nutella or lemon curd!

Let cool and enjoy as a breakfast on the go, a yummy snack or dessert.


No comments:

Post a Comment