Thursday, January 12, 2012

Baked Chicken with a Swiss Cheese & White Wine Sauce

Baked Chicken with a Swiss Cheese & White Wine Sauce

Over the Christmas holiday we joined my parents for dinner and my Mom made this chicken that I hadn't had in years.  Oh. My. Goodness.  SO good.  I got the recipe from her and it is an absolute must in the menu rotation!!

I actually made this last minute the other evening, so I used frozen chicken.  Place 4-6 chicken breasts in a prepared 9x13 pan - less chicken just means more sauce, which is never a bad thing!

Cover the chicken with about 1 1/2 c chopped onion.  Slice an 8 oz pkg of swiss cheese and lay on top of the chicken as well.  


In a bowl, mix together 1/2 c white wine with 2 cans cream of chicken soup.  Pour over the chicken as well.  In another bowl, mix together 1/2 c melted butter with about 1 c bread crumbs.  Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture on top of the chicken and bake.

If the chicken you began with was thawed, bake for 1 1/2 hrs at 350 degrees-  If you used frozen chicken bake for about 2 hours at 375 degrees uncovered. 


As this bakes your home will smell fantastic.  We enjoyed this with a side of green beans and rice pilaf.  Using more chicken for this recipe also provides yummy lunches for the hubs the next day too!


Thanks to my Momma for passing along another family favorite!!





1 comment:

  1. Yep, sounds promising. Mine would need a bit of kick in the form of paprika or ground pepper to counter act any blandness.

    ReplyDelete